Friday, November 2, 2012

Roadside Rescue Red Buffet REVEAL!





Good Morning my BEAUTIES!  I had not planned on showing this reveal
this week as its been NUTS and with Halloween and being sick.
Things were just getting pushed on the back burner. BUT, I got a call yesterday
that it already SOLD  (eeeek)
SO I figured I might as well show you! :)

If you remember about a month ago, I got to go out to Lunch with a couple of my girlfriends.
On our way there I spotted a rescue on the side of a very busy DOWNTOWN street.
I had to do the "stop short" on my friend Katie to keep her from smacking her head on the dash.
But her and Danielle were great! They even helped me load the sucker in the back of my van
while Danielle sat squished.
 I of course attributed the score to my Lucky Shoes which you could see I was wearing in the picture..
The girls of course say they were the good luck...:)  I say both!

So here she is sitting in the garage, It had skater stickers and skull stickers all over it but other than
that it was in great shape; except than it weighed a bazillion pounds...

Now here is where I had my ah-ha moment..I was trying to figure out what color to paint it and
everyone was giving me great ideas, but all of the sudden the piece just seemed so ORIENTAL to me; and to me ORIENTAL is RED!
So I got out my CeCe Caldwells Traverse City Cherry and started painting.
When it was dry I did a clear wax and then a light aging wax.

I love how this old Basset Buffet that was left on the side of the road is
now sitting in someones house as a place of honor.

I wish I could find more of these rescue pieces  (even though my husband doesn't..:))

Thanks for following me along on another RESCUE MISSION!
I hope you enjoyed it.
Have a BEAUTIFUL day!
(I also want to say HI to my friend GENA....Miss ya Girlie)  :)
Posted by Picasa
http://www.missinformationblog.com/
House on the Way
504 Main
Thirty Handmade Days
Create & Inspire Linky Party

The 36th AVENUE
Funky Junk Interiors

DIY Show Off
mop it up mondays
Visit My 1929 Charmer Blog!
UndertheTableandDreaming Mod Vintage LifeTheRusticPig
TDC Before and After
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Home Stories A2Z

Primitive and Proper
A Bowl Full of Lemons
Lil\'Luna
The DIY Dreamer
The Stuff of Success


In The Old Road
SNAP!


The 36th AVENUE
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk Interiors

www.hypheninteriors.com
Post a Comment